Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,548Gear list
Like?
Re: 5N DMF Problem
In reply to blue_skies, Feb 5, 2013

blue_skies wrote:

I just checked, after the FW update, and both 5N and 7 behave the same:

in MF mode, touching the dial ring brings up the zoom focus window. You do not have to touch the shutter button, the zoom stays up, and you can click on the x2 zoom.

in DMF mode, pressing the shutter half-way, then touching the dial ring brings up the zoom focus window. You have to keep pressing the shutter button, or you will loose the focus point. After time-out, the view resorts back to full window view. To click on the x2 button, you have to keep pressing the shutter button halfway, a bit awkward.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I tend not to use MF because I use auto ISO a lot. So I use the DMF option but I've become used to it. I compose/frame first, then magnify, focus, then shoot. I've learned not to trust peaking so much so this method is preferable with a normal or telephoto lens. Very wide is much more forgiving.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow