Senior MemberPosts: 1,471Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 6D anyone using flashguns.
In reply to runefb, Feb 5, 2013

runefb wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

Noogy wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

Although i love the high ISO, would like a flash for portraiture, has anyone used or recommend a not to expensive flashgun, thinking of the canon Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flashgun, or perhaps a third party cheaper one. I dont need a pro or high end one thanks.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

I have both the 430EXII and the 270EX. For travel, the 270EX is inseparable from my 6D due its weight advantage. Aside from being smaller than the 430EXII, it uses only two double A batteries. I seldom need strong flash with the 6D, just need enough to fill, hence I realize I don't need the 430EXII with it most of the time.

Thanks, thats very helpful, looks just what i need nothing to extravagant.

-- hide signature --

JCC
"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

Hi Alan

I have the 6D and 580exII. A great flash that works well with the 6D, but heavy to carry around. Therefore I'm also getting the 90ex when it comes in stock in Norway. The thing is, with th 6D i don't need a flash to light the hole scene, like I did with my 40D. I only need a bit of fill flash. In addition the 90ex can be used as a master flash - if you ever decide to get a bigger flash later (e.i. 430exII or my 580exII).

The 270EX is also nice. It is a bit bigger than the 90ex, but more importantly: It cannot act as a master flash. Therfore I will not be getting the 270ex for my 6D. The 90ex, on the other hand, is in effect a master pop up flash that can be controlled via your 6D

Rune

You can't bounce light from the 90ex.  I have owned both the 430EXII and the 270EX for two years now.  I did consider buying the 90ex but lack of bounce made me back off.  My 430EXII can control other flashes very capably, so perhaps I need the 330! Gosh, choices.

-- hide signature --

JCC
"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow