Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,977
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to Bruce Oudekerk, Feb 5, 2013

Bruce Oudekerk wrote:

Carolyn S wrote:

>>> BUT when the time comes for you to begin trying other maker's papers such as fine art papers, you will have to give up your current approach and begin using their ICC profiles through Photoshop.

Ah, I see what you mean. That hadn't occurred to me. But I will just have to be careful and use the right ICC profiles if I try another paper than what I am using. That will be in my future. I will try Fine Art in the future. I wrote myself a note to change to PHotoshop managing the color and using an appropriate ICC profle when I try those papers. For the time being I am quite satisfied.

While I also recommend letting PS manage the color, I’m not sure that letting the printer manage the color won’t work with most fine art papers. I have a good friend who has recently lost his mind and is buying every paper he can get his hands on to use with his R3000, just to see what the surface prints like. I’ve seen his results with non-OEM fine art and canvas’ and letting the printer manage colors has been quite good so far.

The pragmatic approach is to try it and it doesn’t work switch methodologies…which you might very well want to do anyway.

If it’s any help, here is my setup with my R1900 in both PS CS5 and the driver when I let PS manage the colors:

Bruce

Of course you are 100% correct and that's the way I was suggesting she should be working.

BUT!!!!!! Here monitor is too bright, so doring eiditng, she has dialed down prints to make them appear correct on her too bright monitor so when printing using Color Management, they print darker than they appear on the monitor. Because they are actually dark images.

A test file without adjustments prints perfect.

The Epson tech just adjusted the Gamma on the driver to 1.8 to force the images to print lighter. She is happy for now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow