Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
exdeejjjaaaa
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,768Gear list
Like?
Re: Doesn't look like the GH3 is getting peaking
In reply to Winston Loo, Feb 5, 2013

Winston Loo wrote:

sea_dragon wrote:

I just read the article and I don't see it as a definite "no". More like why they haven't included it to date. In fact, I think they will add it at some point via firmware.

Have a look at this:

Focus Peaking on GH3

What a Joke. One Panasonic Exec says no focus peaking because the Venus engine doesnt support it.. that means its a hardware problem.. then you look at this interview with another panasonic exec during photokina and he says Focus peaking is a Software problem. Gosh doesnt the head know what the other part of the body is doing?

that is a typical situation in all companies... focus peaking requires certain computations to be done in real time... when you see Panasonic itself saying on record that focus peaking is the most often requested feature from their users and they at the same time on record are saying that they can't implement it not because they themselves think that it is not good, but because they have certain limitations it is clear that there are some issues beyond Panasonic being stubborn or not paying attention...

exdeejjjaaaa's gear list:exdeejjjaaaa's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow