biza43
Senior MemberPosts: 2,041Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon EOS M - more photos
In reply to G-D, Feb 5, 2013

G-D wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I just read the EOS M review at ephotozine:

"Focus can be hit and miss, with the camera sometimes spending a long time hunting for focus, only for it to fail to focus on anything. It can then get stuck doing this every time you try and take a shot, with correct focus being achieved when you use the touch-focus by pressing the screen. "

I think that's strange. If the camera has fast and correct focus when using the touchscreen, then it should also be able to do so when using the normal autofocus system (using the shutter button). What's the difference between focussing on a spot where the user taps the screen, or focussing on the area that's inside the focus rectangle, assuming both areas contain the same subject. It seems that focussing using the shutterbutton wasn't implemented very well by Canon on this camera. That leaves hope for a firmware update, but then, if there was ever gonna be a firmware update for this problem it probably would have been released by now given the many complaints about this.

I also read the review, and found this strange... it seems to me that they have not configured the camera properly for AF. I only focus using the shutter button, and never had a problem.

Also from ephotozine: "Switch on Time to Taking a Photo : 4.1 seconds"! For a camera that was originally released for 849 €? Really? Shame on you, Canon.

Again, 4 seconds seems too much. Also, they mention in the Cons list extremely slow focus and struggles to focus on low light, and end up giving it 4 and a half stars on Performance ??

But: IQ is still really good.

Yes it is. The bottomline is that this camera was not made to shoot action or sports, that is very clear. But in my mind, with the 22mm lens, it is currently the best small combination that delivers excellent image quality.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow