Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Nikon DSLR for MF lenses Good choice
In reply to designdog, Feb 5, 2013

designdog wrote:

Thanks for the response!

Right now I am leaning towards a D700, if I can get one at a decent price, and in a decent condition. I realize the D7000 (and its replacement) are great cameras, but (don't get mad) they are too close to the Canon 7D that I am selling to really make much sense. State of the art in consumer APS dslrs.

The D700, with all of its buttons, etc. is more like the Nikon experience I was thinking of. Not to mention it is full frame.

I did an interesting experiment. I downloaded the raw files here from the D300s, D7000, D700, and X Pro1, plus the Nex7, for some pixel peeping. Looked at all of them in iso 200 (D7000 only available in iso100). My conclusion was that the camera I have, the X Pro1, offers the best IQ of them all. Next was the D700, the the Nex7.

YMMV, but, to my eyes, that was the result. So, I am thinking, since I can't get better iq, what is it I am after? My choice is the D700, followed by the D300s...

Once you get a good condition copy, I think thats a great choice. Personally I would go for a great condition D700 over a new D600, due to build, excellence in quality of image even at 12MP and camera reliability.

Enjoy.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to. We should try to not wait for life to happen, while it passes us by.

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow