Is Sony VCL-DH1758 58mm 1.7x still the best TC choice for E 55-210?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CosmoZooo
Regular MemberPosts: 452
Like?
Is Sony VCL-DH1758 58mm 1.7x still the best TC choice for E 55-210?
Feb 5, 2013

Since I have figured out how much more I enjoy shooting people and other subjects using the 55-210 telephoto rather then the 16-50 kit on the NEX-6, I've been toying with the idea of getting a teleconverter.

I thought 2x would have been cool but as I started searching the thread I found a number recommending the Sony VCL-DH1758 58mm 1.7x TC for the 55-210.

I have a few questions:

1. Has the recommendation changed at all? Have any TCs been made specifically for the e-mount lenses?

2. From previous posts I've figured out that I can't just slap this thing on the 55-210 and I need "49mm to 58mm step up ring"...is that right? Can someone give me a link as an example of what to buy exactly and I'll use that to shop around.

I am a noob to this stuff so I am just trying to get a clue. My brother got an OMD recently and his bundle came with some TC which was pretty cheap and fits the m43 lenses he has. It seems like we don't have an abundance of those kind of TCs on the NEX lineup or am I wrong?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow