Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Kott
Senior MemberPosts: 1,148
Like?
5N DMF Problem
Feb 5, 2013

I've been struggling with the 5N manual and can't sort out my issue. I've had my 5N for a while, but just got the 35 SEL as my first autofocus lens for my NEXs.

I've got my 5N set to "DMF" under AF/MF Select and MF Assist set to "on," but when I turn the focusing ring on my 5N I don't get image magnification unless I hold the shutter button half way down. The problem is that after I focus with magnified view if I want to check my composition before engaging the shutter, AF gets reactivated when I take  my finger off the shutter to exit magnified view.

With the same lens on my NEX 7 in DMF mode I get magnified view just by turning the lens focus ring without having to hold the shutter button down. Then when I press the shutter half way, I exit magnified view, I can check my composition without the AF being activated and take my photo.

What do I need to do to get the 5N to function in DMF mode like my NEX 7?

Thanks in advance for your advice. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Kott

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow