ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shaynemusic
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
My mini documentary filmed with a K7
Feb 5, 2013

´╗┐´╗┐Hello everyone,

My name is Shayne and I have just finished up my first "lengthy", as in 9 minute film about a local kayak company here in Vancouver called Feathercraft. They make foldable kayaks. In fact, they make some of the world's best folding kayaks - definitely well known in the industry. I myself am a foldable kayak enthusiast, so it was fun to film the inside operations of this business, along with interviewing a truly interesting man

Here it is on Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/58471863

I wanted to capture the man behind the boat - how it all started, some of the inner workings of the company, and well... in addition to editing, and scoring the whole film, I really wanted to make something with my K7.

The interesting thing about the K7 is its ability to use older lenses. I picked up some cheap-o lenses which I'm pretty sure was made in the 80s - and it faired way better than some of my other modern day lenses - something about the glass. Also having the ability to manually control the lens was big - as most of you know, one of the drawbacks of the K7 and filming is not having enough control over the video mode!! Anyways, the biggest tip I can give you is make sure you have ample lighting. As much as you can get your hands on. Film in the summer, when the sun is out and pick up a mountable light.

Anyways, in the end, I was able to piece this thing together and I plan on doing a lot more filming this year. It would be interesting to see if Pentax comes out with better video support in the future, I really hope they do.

Cheers

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow