Olympus Statement About Fourthirds and Micro Fourthirds

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
skeys
skeys MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,950Gear list
Like?
Chris, you glossed over...
In reply to Chris Mak, Feb 5, 2013

much of what has been argued about amongst Pentax owners since I began reading that forum in early 2009. For example: can't get information from Pentax management, disappearance of the lens roadmap, when will we see a FF body, lens price rises after the Hoya purchase, when will a new flash unit be released, what about longer tele lenses (and now that the new tele lens will be released shortly: "$7,000? Are you kidding?), the great number of Pentax owners who left Pentax for Canon and Nikon FF equipment, the death of Pentax Real Soon Now, all the discussion of what Pentax management REALLY meant by their comments when interviewed, the just released video of last week's interview of some Pentax management (on the other forum) which is, as we speak, being pieced apart by concerned Pentax owners.

The K-5ii was admitted to be an interim release by Pentax management. It was all that could be done quickly after their purchase by Ricoh, from Hoya. Many Pentax owners were hoping for/expecting a newer, 24-mpx sensor and better flash management in the next K-5 model. There are those who have purchased the K-5ii/K-5iis and are quite happy. There still are those waiting for the REAL next K-5 model. And there are those still waiting for the FF model.

I wonder if much of that sounds familiar to the Oly equipment owners in this forum. Well, OK, I don't wonder; I read about it every day in both forums.

Steve

-- hide signature --

My comments and opinions are my own. I am neither a staff member, nor a paid employee, of DPReview.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
404New
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow