Mako2011
Forum ProPosts: 15,594
Like?
Won't help
In reply to rayman 2, Feb 5, 2013

rayman 2 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

rayman 2 wrote:

It wont work.... because of the way the Nikon AF system is constructed..

The idea is brilliant if the cameras AF points are the ones that the camera focuses to

but thats not the case......

Where the camera biases to is a question of the computer program

Nikons AF system is constantly overriding... thats the problem..

thats confirmed from Nikon.....

if LV and phase detect AF would run in parrallel that would work but they dont.....

Peter

Peter, your description and understanding of how the AF-Area modes work is wrong. That has been established.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50651413

Here is a PDF that better explains it. Good Luck

AF-Area modes explained

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Nope it isnt wrong ! Its not just in area mode !

The af system works differently then most of you guys think it works thats the crux.....

As long as the people wont understand that there will be endless posts on how the Nikon system

fails but you need to look into it to understand it.....

Peter

It would appear you did not read the link and have not tested your camera's system. As many have pointed out..testing shows, you do not understand Nikon AF-Area modes. With that in mind, I doubt the OP's AF fine tune method will help you in any way. It's obviously very helpful to the rest of the community.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MuchNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow