Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,397Gear list
Like?
Second time's a charm!
Feb 5, 2013

A couple weeks back I ordered and received from B&H, a Panasonic 12-35mm for my E-M5.

From the get-go it did not seem that sharp a lens to me and I was, needless to say, very disappointed. After a couple days, I took the time to do some comparison shots between the Pany, my Oly 12-60mm, and the 12-50mm E-M5 kit lens -- all at 35mm and all at f4.5.

The 12-60 of course was extremely sharp -- much more so than the Pany which really surprised me; but what really took me by surprise was that the 12-50mm was also clearly sharper than the 12-35mm!

I knew that could not be right, so I called B&H and was promptly sent an RMA number to return the lens for exchange.

Well I got the replacement lens this evening, and while I haven't had time to do comparison test shots, I can tell from the few test shots I've done with it that this lens is a different animal -- extremely sharp.

I knew from reviews I had read that the lens had to perform much better than the first copy I received -- and I certainly wasn't about to pay almost $1,200 for a lens that couldn't blow my kit lens away!

So I am a happy camper -- and thanks to B&H for great customer service.

I plan to use this lens a lot to shoot corporate events, and I can tell I'm going to love it!

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow