The Who - Quadrophenia Tour - 2013 (ZS15)

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danielsonkin
Forum ProPosts: 11,234Gear list
Like?
The Who - Quadrophenia Tour - 2013 (ZS15)
Feb 5, 2013

Still strong after all these years,  Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey and friends sounded incredible last week in Oakland.  Although I wasn't into the Quadrophrenia album that much, it was good to hear it live.  I am glad they played some of their old standards at the end of the concert.   Pete's brother, Simon, played rhythm guitar and vocals. I didn't realize that he was a successful musician in his own right.  There was a wonderful tribute to John Entwistle and Keith Moon.  I was glad that I saw the original four in the 60's and then we caught John Entwistle when he was touring with Ringo Star shortly before he died 10 years ago.

I decided to shoot in S-mode keeping the speed at around 1/100 to capture the action, so the ISO was a high as  800 on most of the shots.  These guys were moving around much more than the last concert we went to (Peter Gabriel) which I shot at 100 ISO to keep the noise levels down.  It's all about tradeoffs.  Consequently, these shots are not as sharp and crisp as I like, but I got what I wanted and that's to document the experience.  C&C always welcomed.

Daniel

Pete playing his famous Gibson SJ-200 accoustic guitar

No smashing of guitars but smashing leads.

Tribute to John Entwistle

The staging of the concert.

Haven't lost their mojo!

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow