EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, it does.
In reply to dpyy, Feb 5, 2013

dpyy wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

I don't have this adaptor and none of the reviews I can find talk about continuous shooting. However I see no reason to expect any change from the normal NEX modes. The adaptor provides a different focusing mechanism, but there is no reason to expect faster continuous shooting. If it did, I'd expect more people would be buying these to get 10 fps capturing speeds which normally require top end DSLRs.

LA-EA2 turns NEX into an SLT. Anybody looking for shoot action with NEX, should consider EA2 for the purpose.

Now, on NEX-3, I'm limited by its rather slow 3 FPS or so. But AF is as fast as any comparable DSLR, if not better.

BTW, 10 FPS isn't common but NEX cameras that can achieve that, stand to benefit from EA2 and I believe NEX-6 is one.

-- hide signature --

Sony A55, Sony NEX-3, Sony F828

Thanks, that's such a great shot. In your opinion does EA2 increases the accuracy of focus in continuous mode? Is that how this is shot?

Have you seen the latest test I posted? Is that scenario something that you think EA2 would do better at?

Thank you.

I was testing AF-C with these shots. However, I didn't bother with burst mode, which isn't much with NEX-3. It does seem to track quite well. Most of these are difficult shots to track as the little one is very fast, and especially when running straight towards the camera, also working with rather shallow DOF (as you can see in the limited in-focus range). Here's another, where the nose is barely outside the DOF...

-- hide signature --

Sony A55, Sony NEX-3, Sony F828

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow