Is AF-C basically a myth for NEX?

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,969Gear list
Like?
Re: Is AF-C basically a myth for NEX?
In reply to Brian Caslis, Feb 5, 2013

Brian Caslis wrote:

I don't have this adaptor and none of the reviews I can find talk about continuous shooting. However I see no reason to expect any change from the normal NEX modes. The adaptor provides a different focusing mechanism, but there is no reason to expect faster continuous shooting. If it did, I'd expect more people would be buying these to get 10 fps capturing speeds which normally require top end DSLRs.

I have other cameras that are like this -- the fastest burst mode does not refocus between shots.  At 10 fps, or even the 7 of my Nex-5, how could it have time to do so?

Having said that, I'm not sure that the slow-mode is as slow as 1 second between shots, but 7fps is usually way more than I need.  It probably varies depending upon the contrast.  I guess I should try it and see....

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow