Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ColleenT
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,204
Like?
***Winners Mini-Challenge #375..Warm Up With Red!***
Feb 5, 2013

Thanks to everyone that participated to warm me up after the last chilly MC! Hosting is always difficult when given the calibre of pictures submitted on this forum, this being no exception. Although there were many beautiful pictures of varying shades of red, in making my selection I went with pictures that warmed me up in some way as was in the title.

Honorable Mentions

Randy's Clown - This just made me smile right away and feel warm all over..a real feel good picture!

Millie's Umbrella - The vibrant red and beautiful material make for a pretty parasol to protect in the heat of the sun!

btrons Meal - Get into the shade on a hot day..take off your sunglasses..sit down to enjoy a bottle of red wine with your meat..looks inviting! The red accents from the chairs adds to frame the wine and the meal.

Ragman's Brick Background - The warmth from the red bricks in the sun gives a great background to the people looking at each other in their muted red outfits. The brick and grey make the red accents stand out, especially the fiery lips!

Sue Anne's Flower - This flower is such a vibrant red it would catch anyone's eye in the sunshine! I think of summer gardens when I look at this picture.

Ivan's Berry - This brings to mind a spring thaw..an end to winter as snow melts on the berries in the sunshine!

Third Place - Joe's Cottage Porch

Beautifully composed in a setting to draw someone in to have a seat and enjoy the hot summer day. Imagine a cool drink and relaxing without a care in the world!

Second Place - Stephenbw's Mama Mia Boat

I was torn between this shot and your cat shot, Stephen. I decided on this dreamy one as I am drawn to look closer as the rising sun hits the red boat, which is brighter in the reflection. The sun hits the houses on the hillside and the red rooftops frame the boat. I can see myself sitting on a porch with a coffee taking in this beautiful scene as the sun warms the morning!

First Place - mjdundee Tom's Leaves

This picture brings a feeling of a warm fall day, as the sun hits your face and you take off your coat as you walk through the leaves. Fantastic composition and lighting of these fall leaves, Tom, with the brilliant red standing out against the yellow! The next mini is all yours and I can't wait to see your topic!

Colleen

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow