Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mal_In_Oz
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
One click bracketing or short time lapse with E-PL5
Feb 5, 2013

I must be a bit slow because I didn't notice anything on the forum about time lapse shooting with the E-PL5. I only stumbled over it on the weekend. I did a search and only found this reference that doesn't really explain what can be done:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/42609338

There is a continuous timer mode on the E-PL5 (like the 2sec, 12 sec and now C) that can be set to shoot a specific number of shots at specific intervals. This means if you want a handy HDR that works with one press of the shutter button, then you can configure say a three shot HDR with a three shot timer mode. Then when you click the button you will get three consecutive shots.

You can set the interval time to 0.5, 1, 2 or 3 seconds, the initial wait time to 1-30 seconds, and the number of frames from 1 to 10. So there are plenty of options to match whatever bracketing you want to do.

I couldn't find this feature in the E-M5. Hopefully this will be provided in the next firmware update.

Mal_In_Oz's gear list:Mal_In_Oz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow