Like?
Re: Where are we now?
In reply to Morris Sullivan, Feb 5, 2013

Morris Sullivan wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Don_D wrote:

To me there is a bigger question:

One of my favorite quotes:

'Where do we go when we die?' said Billy.

'I don't know', the old man said, 'Where are we now?'

.....Cormac McCarthy

Think about it please...

To me it is more logical that there is just a nothingness, a void.....but here we are....and our little brains cannot begin to understand why..... really why....not just all the knowledge that we know, big bang, universe, all that.... but really why and where are we? why are we aware?

Thinking about it is fine. Making up stories to explain it is not. The answer to your question may never be known.

Yes, I don't think we will ever be able to understand it.

KEV will now jump in and dismiss all of this as nonsense, but he cannot explain it either.... it's more than chemicals and shutting off a car engine. ...and I don't believe in a personal God... and it's NOT about wishful thinking or faith.... but just think, really think about it.

As I said, go ahead and think about it. But right now, at our current stage of development, it is not "... more than chemicals and shutting off a car engine." We certainly want it to be more, but we have no evidence that it is.

Can you move Mount Everest by yourself? How much time will you devote to contemplating such an action? What you are trying to do is greater than moving Everest.

I don't think the suggestion is to "think about it" for the purposes of answering the question, but more likely to contemplate how much we don't know and put some perspective on what we think we know.

Correct, Morris.

It's not about moving Everest, as much as understanding how big Everest really is.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
TimeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow