I sometimes wonder

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ktownbill
Senior MemberPosts: 2,120
Like?
Re: I sometimes wonder
In reply to Ultradan, Feb 5, 2013

You have to take everything with a grain of salt.  Always apply the appropiate amount of educated skepticism.

I strongly suggest that you take all information and knowledge gleaned from a forum as a rough guide to point you in the right direction in your quest for such knowledge. THEN, rent said equipment and see for yourself because your mileage may vary (ymmv) if you know what I mean.

Allow me to use FF Vs Crop cameras as an example where YMMV.  If your photography was strictly landscape where all images are shot at infinty settings on the lens you would be hard pressed to find any IQ difference. Again, using the same cameras in an indoor studio you would be hard pressed to find a difference. Now use the same bodies in outdoor portraiture and street photography and PJ and there is a world of difference!! For these very reasons and a few unmentioned ones, I own FF and Crop bodies.  A FF body will give you 60% less DoF (depth of field) which will seperate your subject from the background rendering that magic 3D effect attributed to FF.  This is often mistaken for better IQ of FF over Crop.

Do this:   Rent a FF camera and a 135L lens and compare the images it makes to your 550D and the kit lens it came with. It will blow you away.

Hope this helps you.

Bill

-- hide signature --

img7d

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OrNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow