Pets - Add Yours.

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
dlkeller
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,391
Like?
The Story
In reply to dlkeller, Feb 5, 2013

I couldn't get the text in the right place with the picture for some reason but wanted to tell the story.

My wife saw a picture on the Animal Shelter's web page of a dog she liked the looks of.  We went to the shelter and asked to see the dog.  They took us to a pen and pulled him out and took us all to a room to "get acquainted".  He looked nothing like the picture but was a pitiful looking mess.  He had a "collar" of shame from being "fixed", a bad case of kennel cough, and had a VERY overgrown and matted coat.  My wife gave me a scheptical look, but he came over, put his paws on my knees and started licking my hand.  How could I resist?  Took him home and cut about six inches of matted fur away with scissors and brushed him out.  Had to wait a week to bath him.  Result, a diamond in the rough with a great personality and loving disposition.

Moral:  Recommend Shelter Rescue to anyone looking for a great friend and companion.  Lots of other "diamonds in the rough" there.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow