Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,485Gear list
Like?
And furthermore
In reply to Ultradan, Feb 5, 2013

Ultradan wrote:

Haha, sorry guys, didn't mean to start an argument

Absolutely no need for the sorry. You're making plenty of sense from your perspective. I personally couldn't do everything I do with one crop camera. Not because the camera couldn't do it, but because I would have to change the way I work, or play in my case.

There are differences between crop cameras and full frame bodies as far as how the camera renders the images is concerned. I have a pretty good sampling, and can see it. But if you're not seeing it, you're not seeing it. I have no idea how to argue a case for owning expensive equipment based on the potential for improved image quality alone. The image content usually does most of the talking with regard to image quality, and that image could be from a phone.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being happy with what you have in a camera. And I agree that quality lenses are a better investment. Then of course there's the how much difference does the quality of the lens make in an image. Lots of folks say none. I'm not one of them though.

Gotta go

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OrNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow