Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Arledge
Regular MemberPosts: 358Gear list
Like?
X100 after latest firmware: Low Light Dance Studio Work
Feb 5, 2013

After using the X-Pro1 at many of my shoots lately, I got re-attached to the X100 after finally getting the wide angle converter and updating to the latest firmware.  I wanted to test out its lowlight focusing abilities for a dance shoot I had planned.  I thought it performed very well.  These images were shoot using a tripod and cable release, and lighting were two Westcott icelights mounted to the tripod, and a single icelight on a boom overhead.  I tried several focusing methods throughout, from setting a fixed point and just firing in manual, doing AF-C and letting it pick the model out, and doing fully manual through the optical viewfinder.  Each method worked to varying degrees of success for me.  Results were pretty pleasing for this low light motion work (other than my lights, studio was completely black).  Definitely better than I had hoped for.  Images were processed from RAW in Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex.

You can see the entire set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arledgefineart/sets/72157632675452970/

But I thought I would share my favs.

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 70D +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow