F31 vs P7100

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,415
Like?
Re: F31 vs P7100
In reply to evoprox, Feb 5, 2013

evoprox wrote:

Nice comparison SB, I really enjoy these quick shootouts. I owned both cameras, and two P7000 before I got the P7100. I really tried to like them but while the P7100 brought some significant improvements over the P7000, faster and more reliable AF, much quicker menus and the flip screen!, the lenses on my copies left a lot to be desired. Each of those three lenses was really soft (and slow) at the long end (bordering on unuseable) and severely decentered throughout the focal range.

Regarding your sample shots, those from the P7100 all look a tad overexposed, around 1/3EV I'd say, and while I'd give a slight nod to the Fuji colors, the P7100 wins in the resolution department (surprise, surprise), not by a mile though. The dynamic range seems about equal. The F31 is still an amazing cam after all those years, but my X10 has that little 'magic' I haven't found in any other cam so far - it's still a JOY to shoot and keeps surprising me on a daily basis.

-- hide signature --

'Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.' Dali

My P7100 lens is very sharp from edge to edge.  Both Sunshine Boy (I think) and I will say the P7100 lens is one of its best features.  You had THREE soft lenses?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow