**** PART 2 of This Week Thru Your M43 (February 2, 2013) ****

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,914Gear list
Like?
Our pet volcano keeps blowing off
In reply to SLOtographer, Feb 4, 2013

One of our volcanoes here in Rabaul, Papua New Guinea, in the South Pacific, is Tavurvur. it keeps blowing out smoke and ash -- and unfortunately in this season (the northwest monsoon) that smoke and ash blows right across our airport's airspace so no serious flights! Bother!

Here is yesterday's picture. I unfortunately left the camera set for sunlight when I took this early morning pic with "sunlight" as such not much of a component. Very blue light. A bit weird, due to the volcano detritus in the atmosphere. Should have set it for overcast, I suppose, or AWB.

I PP in Photoline, an excellent and very economical editor, but its auto white balance just wasn't up to the job on this occasion. Produced quite a pleasing pic but far too red and too light.

So I had anoher go at editing another shot. Tweaked the blue and red a little myself. Didn't try for white balance using the white balance tool -- for some reason, regardless of the editor I'm working in, I can never get it right!

Here’s something a little more like what I was looking at:

Should have lightened off the sea a little.

As you can see from the exif, the Panny 14 at work on the E-PL3.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow