ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setzer808
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Superbowl photography musings.
Feb 4, 2013

Hello all!

While I was watching the superbowl (and had time to think during the blackout) I noticed the enormous quantity of camera gear on display from the various professional photographers lining all edges of the field.  It got me thinking of a few questions that I believe this forum is perfect for answering/discussing.

1.  Is the vast majority of the cameras on display made up of only a few full-frame offerings from Canon and Nikon?  Are any of them likely to be using APS-C or similar/smaller format cameras for any specific purpose...or any brand other than Canon/Nikon?

2.  Despite the star field of flashes from the crowd I assume there is no way to use any kind of effective remote flash system over such an area, so is speed the number one desired lens quality...or is there enough light (when they are working) to simulate a sunny outdoor setup that can let longer focal length lenses with less than enormous apertures be useful?

3.  Is there any event (Hollywood, Politics, Sports, etc.) that would have a greater concentration of high end camera gear in use than the superbowl?  ...I know events like the Olympics overall likely have more in use, but that would be over multiple events in different areas (though the opening/closing ceremony is fair game).

Well, that is what was in my head.  Its not a "serious" set of topics for discussion, but they are some that I thought might be kind of fun and for all I know some of you might have very well been there on the field and pack serious insight.  Either way, feel free to contribute.

-Setz

Setzer808's gear list:Setzer808's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow