New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Carolyn S
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 4, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

I am glad, but all he did was set you up to let the printer adjust color and use the adobe RGB color space. WHen you let the printer control color you have two gamma settings 1.8 and 2.2

Yes, that is true....but now it works!  He set the gamma on 1.8, but said I could fiddle around with that.

Which one did he set it to? And when he switched you over to letting the printer control color, did he then turn it off in the Photoshop Printer dialogue window?

Yes, he did

So basically you are no longer using color management and simply letting the printer take over control. But now all is working and so you can see that the R3000 is quite a great printer.

Yes, and I feel so much better about the printer and I am not looking around for how to send it back!!

This will work for you as long as you are using OEM ink and OEM papers, through there are some other makers papers that will work quite work letting the driver control color. BUT when the time comes for you to begin trying other maker's papers such as fine art papers, you will have to give up your current approach and begin using their ICC profiles through Photoshop.

Ah, I see what you mean.  That hadn't occurred to me.  But I will just have to be careful and use the right ICC profiles if I try another paper than what I am using.  That will be in my future.  I will try Fine Art in the future.  I wrote myself a note to change to PHotoshop managing the color and using an appropriate ICC profle when I try those papers.  For the time being I am quite satisfied.

Thank you.

Carolyn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow