Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,334Gear list
Like?
Re: Is AF-C basically a myth for NEX?
In reply to dpyy, Feb 4, 2013

Brian Caslis wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

At least Sony has figured it out. They had AF-C on the RX1 in an early production model and then removed the mode for the final model that shipped to consumers.

True. I guess the main point I was trying to make was that no manufacturer currently has a good AF-C solution for mirrorless. This is one area where any DSLR will crush a mirrorless camera.

But the thing is, I have NEX6 with PDAF support. I was in good light. I had the lens that supported PDAF and verified that it was on.

In NEX, On Sensor PDAF complements CDAF to improve CDAF performance, that I believe it succeeds in. However, for speedier approach, putting mirror on the NEX is the solution (LA-EA2 adapter) that makes AF all PDAF. Alternatively, you could try shooting with increased DoF, a reason why CDAF plus large sensor struggle for faster AF.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow