Picture Style Settings...more than meets the eye?

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobBobW
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Picture Style Settings...more than meets the eye?
Feb 4, 2013

Since getting my 5D3, I have notices some differences between the in-camera image previews and the final RAW converted image in Aperture.  These mostly have to do with blue tones.  The camera is set with all adjustments flat with the exception of picture style which I had initially set for Landscape.  The Landscape picture style has all the setting flat except for a boost in sharpness.  However, when looking at some of my images in DPP and switching between Neutral and Landscape picture styles, there is the same noticeable colour change in the blues which I observed before on importing my files to Aperture.

Why should there be such a large colour shift, when even DPP indicates the only difference between the picture styles is only the level of sharpness?  There must be some other hidden changes between the two styles that Canon is not indicating.

Any insights would be helpful.

RobBobW's gear list:RobBobW's gear list
Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Samyang 24mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow