Need help learning to use my new D7000

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Questions thread
mikhs1
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: Need help learning to use my new D7000
In reply to sshoihet, Feb 4, 2013

sshoihet wrote:

The only way to learn the camera is to spend time using it and you must use it fairly regularly. While you're learning, you don't have to go anywhere special, you can spend 20 or 30 mins here and there, in your own home just playing with it and learning how it works.

If you don't find a D7000 specific class, let me know and maybe we can get together next time I'm in Vancouver and I can spend some time going over stuff with you.

Thanks, I may take you up on this...

I want to thank everyone for their input and encouragement.  I already knew that, as most of you advised, the best (if not the only) way to learn is to get out and do a LOT of shooting and do it on a regular basis. However, as I mentioned in my original post, I don't have that luxury right now... May be I got in over my head, and it is too much of a camera for me at this point in my life...

I will give it a fair shot thought  (unintended pun ), and it will make the learning curve a little easier if I can find a class or someone to get out with and do some shooting once a week or so.

Why couldn't they just come up with a digital back (full frame) for my old Olympus OM-1 or Nikon FM2 :).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow