Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thanasaki
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Negative Voting DESTROYS "Challenges"
Feb 4, 2013

In earlier times, when most people voted honestly on challenges -even when some, wrongly thought that "half star" vote was better than nothing- the best pictures came mostly out as winners. Now, I think, there is a "targeted" low votiing on really good photos, clearly "aiming to destroy" them. I cannot find the right word to describe these "people" doing this, but this really diminishes the fun for participating in Challenges. Though I,  by no means claim that my challenge entries (and the entries of many others of course) are the best or even simply "good" photos, they are carefully composed and presented and surely they do not deserve so many "half star" and "one star" votes. So I'd suggest to DPREVIEW to TAKE ACTION URGENTLY and change the voting system and also quickly procceed to the other changes (as suggested by many and respectful DPReview members, almost a year ago). Let's give again "Challenges" the fun and the prestige (in terms of honesty, good taste and image quality) as it was some 2 years ago.

thanasaki's gear list:thanasaki's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow