ohcello
Senior MemberPosts: 1,500Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank you all!
In reply to dave_bass5, Feb 4, 2013

dave_bass5 wrote:

ohcello wrote:

JackM wrote:

Great advice here. I am leaning towards the X100s, for the sake of not having to carry a bag, and concentrating on having fun with my kids. It will go in a large pocket. I think that seals the deal!

Thanks again. I'm open to further thoughts if you have any.

I bought a Sony RX100 for the trip and then returned it when I got back (the pop up flash was already starting to no stay down by then).... but the image I got from that cam were amazing.... 28-100mm equiv. and the lens they have on it is VERY sharp.... great for landscapes...

Also, the video it takes is amazing...

Just my 2 cents : )

I did a similar thing when I went to Turkey a few years ago. I didn't want to take a DSLR so brought a Lumix FZ35 for most of the day shots, and took my Canon S95 for the evening shots. Both shoot raw so I could keep my normal workflow, and a month after I got back I sold the Lumix at about £60 loss If I hadnt have had the S95 I would have kept it. Wonderful camera.

yes I shot pure RAW and with the RX100 it was usable up to ISO1600 with some Lightroom NR.... best wishes.

ohcello's gear list:ohcello's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow