Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,131
Like?
Re: well
In reply to intensity studios, Feb 4, 2013

intensity studios wrote:

jfriend00 wrote:

I'm not talking about the average user. The average user buys the D3200 and D5200. I'm talking about a segment of the market that is probably larger than those who buy a D800 who share some of these characteristics:

• Willing to spend up to $1500-$1800 for a body.
  • May already have DX lenses they wish to use
  • Value the reach of DX
  • Want a top end camera in their price range
  • Like to shoot action (great AF, 8fps)
For a variety of reasons, a D600 + lenses isn't the right solution for this buyer either. Compared to a D400, the D600 has less AF, less fps, less build, less reach and both body and lenses cost more. The ONLY thing a D600 does better is high ISO. If you don't regularly shoot above ISO 3200, a D400 is a lot more camera than a D600 for even less money. That's why DX exists. It offers you this value. Not only do you save money, but you get so much more features for your money.
-- hide signature --

sooner or later you need to realize that you are in the shrinking minority and canon and nikon are pushing you towards full frame and killing off high end DX. The canon CEO said as much. Nikon has not released a high end dx in a very long time. What more evidence do you need? It's happening, no matter how many times you post on this forum.

When Nikon makes a camera that serves my needs better than the one I have, I will buy it.  I'm not buying a new camera for any other reason!

Nikon has not produced any new affordable action camera in FX or DX in the last 4 years.  If they want me to buy something, that's what they will have to make.  People who like to predict the end of DX seem to think that all us DX shooters will just give up and go buy some recent camera just because we need a new camera.  There are some (stupid) people who buy for no more logical a reason than that.

I personally understand what my more demanding shooting needs are and I will only buy a new camera where there's a camera body significantly better than what I already own.  Because of this rigor, I've been very efficient with my camera body purchases and generally use what I buy for 4-5 years.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
No.New
wellNew
YeahNew
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow