Second hand price Manfrotto 055cxpro3

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Questions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,124Gear list
Like?
Re: Second hand price Manfrotto 055cxpro3
In reply to FrancoisduP, Feb 4, 2013

FrancoisduP wrote:

Thanks for the UK price info. Its very handy to try and at least get a relatively good price for the both of us.

I read the report on ballheads by "traumflieger". Very good indeed. Another one in a magazine here that got really good marks was Tiltall BH-30. Bothvery reasonably priced.

I am not anti-Manfrotto heads of course. I just did not investigate them so well. But I am afraid of a ballhead that costs only 80 euro new. It might surprise me I guess Will investigate.

How do you find the 055 tripod so far, or you don't have it long enough? Did you by chance compare it to others?

F

Hi Francois. I admit I only looked at a load of magazine & you-tube videos before buying my tripod. I have had so many £30-50 tripods that have not been up to the task, I decided that the Manfrotto was as good as I could get for the money I was prepaired to spend. T e legs are excellent, not feather light, but light enough, yet sturdy. I chose the carbon fibre for resistance to vibration as much as anything. It can get quite windy here in North West England, especially on the coast, so I didn't want something that was so light that it would topple with a sudden gust of wind if left unattended for a second & wreck my gear. But yes, so far I am very pleased with it. Have just bought a ballhead [054-Q2] magnesium. Holds my heaviest combo well for hours if need be!! I bought a 3 way head with the tripod, & it is really soild, but a bit fiddly to set up IMO. With the 2 heads I feel I have the best of what I could afford.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow