Poll: Is intelligent/ programmable Auto ISO an important feature for future FW updates?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't Care
In reply to mngsmt, Feb 4, 2013

mngsmt wrote:

mr moonlight wrote:

As for auto iso/min shutter speed, I don't really care if they add min shutter speed or not. I set auto ISO and dial in whatever the lowest shutterspeed I want if I feel like shooting in auto mode. That will give me the lowest possible ISO and I don't have to worry about camera shake. That works for pretty much every indoor or low light situation. In daylight, auto shutter speed works fine and you don't have to worry about having too a low a shutter speed.

Problem is, and I'll happily repeat it ;), that there is no easy way to adjust the exposure if you are not happy with what the camera thinks is right (e.g. in backlit situations).

If by adjusting the exposure you - rightly - mean Aperture + Shutter Speed, you have (full) Manual Mode, or Manual Mode with a good designed/conceived Auto-ISO (which includes EC); minimum Shutter Speed with Auto-ISO is only useful for Aperture Priority Mode.

As easy as that!

I still don't understand why there's an automatic exposure mode (auto ISO) which does not provide an option for exposure compensation.

...I'm guessing here, but maybe it was designed/conceived by someone who never took a picture, or more politely, by someone who doesn't know much about photography...

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
NONew
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
Yes!New
NoNew
YesNew
NoNew
YesNew
NoNew
YESNew
YESNew
Yes.New
NONew
YESNew
YESNew
NoNew
YESNew
YesNew
NoNew
YESNew
YESNew
Yes!New
NONew
NONew
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow