Started Feb 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
likeacat
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
SZ-31MR video sound recording issues?
Feb 4, 2013

I hate to say, but the 31MR is turning out to be a pretty awful camera as far as it's video capabilities. At first I was really annoyed with the constant rattle of the auto-focus, but learned to live with that. What is really ticking me off now is how I can't even record my own voice with it.

A lot of the videos I take are stationary, basic point, shoot, and narrate style videos that I make for Youtube. But when I listen to the playback, I can barely understand what I'm saying because my voice becomes extremely muffled, like I've covered mic up with my finger. I used to do that with my old Canon now than, but the difference is I knew when I did it. With the 31MR, I cannot figure out where the mic is, or if I am even blocking the mic it all when this happens....

I've experimented with it countless times and I've never found what causes the mic to sound so muffled. I've tried speaking directly into every portion of this camera, and no area of the body seems any more or less sensitive than the other to sound intake. Yet in most of my videos, my voice becomes muffled majority of the time. Sometimes I come through clearly for a few moments, but I have no idea why.

For the record, I do not have wind reduction turned on, and there is no background noise when I shoot my videos.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow