Imaging-Resource Comments About The X-E1 And The X-Trans Image Quality

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,587Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Trans myths
In reply to Bernie Ess, Feb 4, 2013

Bernie Ess wrote:

Summary: The X- line of cameras offers wonderful "Fuji colours", with a rock solid cmos sensor (basically the one known from Nex- 5N, Pentax K5, Nikon d7000 and d5100 etc) with good, but now sensational DR, but with normal resolution and a Colour matrix that introduces severe issues with RAW conversion.

I personally would have preferred a conventional sensor like in the x100 (the Nikon d300 sensor).

But I like the camera and it's great lenses nevertheless.

Comparing DPR resolution images I found the X-trans to have about the same resolution as the sensor in the D7000, minus the moire seen in the D7000.

This big improvement, along with no AA filter, leads to the subjective impression of more resolution than really exists, because you can't easily tell when resolution ends and false detail begins.  I prefer the false detail to mush, so I'm pretty happy with my X-E1.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow