Karl Rove attacks the Tea Party kooks.

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 12,106Gear list
Like?
Re: Karl Rove attacks the Tea Party kooks.
In reply to Bill Randall, Feb 4, 2013

Bill Randall wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Apparently Karl Rove sees the handwriting on the wall and is going to try and move the Republican party back towards the center and away from the right wing fundamentalists core.

NY Times reports yesterday: "The Karl Rove-backed American Crossroads organization is creating the Conservative Victory Project, to counter the influence of groups like Club for Growth and the Senate Conservatives Fund. Its mission: to spend money in GOP primaries to make sure that candidates like Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, Sharron Angle, and Christine O’Donnell don’t become the nominees for key Senate contests.

“In effect, the establishment is taking steps to fight back against Tea Party groups and other conservative organizations that have wielded significant influence in backing candidates who ultimately lost seats to Democrats in the general election,” the Times said, adding that the Conservative Victory Project’s first effort could be in Iowa, where conservative Rep. Steve King is mulling a Senate bid".

For once, I wish old Karl well in this endeavor, which I have been advocating for a long while.

It's about time that the Republicans became respectable and stopped supporting all of these religious nuts. They might even get my vote if they move far enough in the moderate direction.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

The above statement could be read more than one way. If they are fighting back against Tea Party groups that represent the "religious nuts" then I would say it is a good thing. On the other hand, if they are against the Tea Party in general I would say it is not.

Good point Bill, and I agree.  The Tea Party's focus on reducing the national debt is a good thing.  .

...How did the Tea Party lose their way and back some of these kooks like "Christine (I am not a witch) O'Donnell best known for her stances against abortion, homosexuality, pre-marital sex, and masturbation.?"

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow