Minolta 24-85mm RS f/3.5-4.5 on Full Frame

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bosman71
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Re: Minolta 24-85mm RS f/3.5-4.5 on Full Frame
In reply to jeep, Feb 4, 2013

I have replaced my kitlens on my A100 with the 24-85 rs many years ago. I now use it on my A580. I have been looking for a lens that offers the same in color, sharpnes and contrast, but a little wider. I owned a Tamron 17-50 2.8, but sold it again.

The looks of my copy are not that good anymore, but I somehow still am not able to find the perfect replacement for it. The size and weight of the lens are just perfect and make a good pair with the A580.

I have been looking on the internet for some reviews of this lens or comparisons to more modern lenses to see if these reveiws match my feeling about the lens, which is very positive. Unfortunately there is not much to find, but if one of the gents is willing to make some comparisons with the moders stuff I would be happy to see your results. Although the information from David is more then enough for me to keep my copy But in the end its always nice to read that you have made a good decision buying this lens and who doesn't like that.

Thanks guys for your info.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow