Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clint Dunn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,242Gear list
Like?
Re: Totally Agree...
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 4, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Clint Dunn wrote:

As an early XPro1 buyer I totally agree with you. I bought the system based on the lens roadmap but to have to wait until 2014 to buy the 10-24 or the 23mm is just ridiculous....that's almost 2 years after the Xpro was released....and MUCH later than the roadmap originally indicated.

Can't wait to see how soon Zeiss releases their new 12mm in the Fuji mount as recently promised....tired of waiting for a wide angle (and, no.... the new 14mm is not wide in my book)

-- hide signature --

21mm (14mm APS-C) is by any historical measure falls into the ultra wide category.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_wide_angle_lens

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Ratty...I'm not an idiot....I am well aware that the 21mm(14mmAPS-C) is by definition an ultra-wide.  As stated in my original post...in MY book it is not for MY photography.  When you are used to shooting 16mm on full frame it is a HUGE difference from 21mm.  Fuji knows this which is why they will be building the 10-24, otherwise they would have stuck with just the 14mm.  Even the extra 2mm of the Zeiss (12mm vs 14mm Fuji) makes a huge difference.

80% of all my images are taken at a focal length of 17mm or wider...so for me, 21mm is NOT ultra wide, regardless of whatever an outdated definition says (when 24mm really was ultra-wide).

-- hide signature --
 Clint Dunn's gear list:Clint Dunn's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow