Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
DonA2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,037Gear list
Like?
Re: Glasses
In reply to DaveOl, Feb 4, 2013

DaveOl wrote:

DonA2 wrote:

Yes, and they are trifocals. My EVF is adjusted for the longer distance and I can see the LCD reasonably well with the closeup segment. I never take the glasses off to set up a shot and have little problem. Sure, it would be great to have 20/20 bare eyed vision but you learn to live with what you got.

Now waiting for delivery of my new 'progressive' lens glasses which I will be trying for the first time. There will no doubt be a 'learning' period but they come with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee.

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

Since your are already used to trifocals, you may have a hard time with progressives. When I first got them, they made me "seasick". It took me a long time to get used to them. I don't wear them all the time so that may have been the problem.

If you get them, don't let them talk you into getting progressive sunglasses at the same time. Just buy a pair of sunglasses that clip over the regular progressives at the drugstore or Walmart.

Yes Dave, a bit concerned as I have heard of some people having problems while driving.  Roadside signs gave a swimming effect but here again it may be a matter of getting used to looking through a non defined area of the lens.  I will give it a good workout.

I use "Fitover" type sunglasses presently but clip-ons would certainly be less bulky.  My wife has a pair that stick on with little magnets.  Lots of choices.

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

DonA2's gear list:DonA2's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow