In reply to schmegg, Feb 4, 2013

schmegg wrote:

Fog Maker wrote:

schmegg wrote:

billythek wrote:

billythek wrote:

schmegg wrote:

Yeah - that's pretty much it.

With AE-Lock on the half press, using the back button to focus in evaluative does not lock the meter when focus is acquired.

The manual, however, states that exposure is locked at the time focus is acquired in evaluative.

So, in this case, the manual is wrong. LOL!

You people really need to stop it now. And since you are the moderator, maybe you can do yourself and everybody else involved a favour and lock (*) this thread for good lol

Hehe - I should have locked it when it was first resurrected methinks.

There is a reason why there is a whole chapter (at the very end of the manual) on how to customise the camera to your liking.

By default it works exactly as the manual states.

Yep - it does indeed.

The only thing I can't find is what I mentioned in the post two above - even in the customisation stuff. I'm off to have a better look - maybe I missed it?

After realizing there is no way out of this, I decided to at least get things consistent by using back button focus and putting AE lock on the shutter button half press.  Now it locks with the half press in all metering modes and focuses with the AF On button.  So I have confirmed that this works, but of course, I now have to pres two buttons every time.  What a shame that Canon would have this silly limitation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
235New
BeeNew
OffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow