Started Feb 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
accupix
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
RX100 vs. NEX System?
Feb 4, 2013

I have an RX100 and I am very happy with it and its IQ. In addition to the RX100, I had an R1 back-up camera which also has the ability to shoot 24mm. My old R1 finally stopped accepting CF cards with a bent pin ($ 200 to fix.) I was temped by Sony Stores offer to get a NEX 5R with a 16 mm for $ 600 or with a kit lens and flash for $ 700+. I went to the Sony Store and was very disappointed. The body maybe be metal, but the lightness and the feel of the grip was not up to what I expected- more like a cheap plastic Cannon or Nikon kit DSLR.

The menu also was strange with a combination of the wheel and a touch screen. I've mastered all of the settings on the RX100 but the NEX seems to be be more anti-intuitive than the RX 100. Then there is the pricing of the NEX accessories (battery, charger) which are kind of over the top. I think I will keep to my RX100 and make my 9V my back-up camera- what am I missing about the NEX System?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow