14-24 or 24-70 ?

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Istvan Lukacs
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
14-24 vs 24-70 ?
In reply to rcower, Feb 4, 2013

I appreciate very much your honest input and advise! Thanks everybody!

Presently I owe a D90 camera, which I intend to upgrade, but if Nikon doesn’t upgrade the D300 I have to go in FX. I don’t like any other DX camera, which they made after the D300. That’s the reason way I don’t want to invest in a DX lens. Too bad that Nikon don’t make a 17-55/2.8 FX lens, but I understand why.

I don’t worry about not using the lens that I will choose. Like you guys mentioned it, both have their nice characteristics. The only thing which I’m worry is, that this is a long term investment for me and I would like to by the better built quality right now an live the second one until will be upgraded. I made my homework and I know that the 24-70 is a beautiful lens and is very sharp also, but unfortunately I read a lot about having a barrel issue, which I'm afraid of. A friend of mine recently but one, and had to bring it back due to a friction mark on the barrel. It is a too expensive lens to have an issue like that. Look, I didn't thought for a second when I bat the 70-200/2.8 VRII, even if is the most expensive of the three lenses. Everybody's happy with. So maybe I have to reformulate my question:

Regarding just the built quality of the 14-24 and 24-70, which one do you think that is better built and which do you think that would be updated sooner?

-- hide signature --

Istvan

Istvan Lukacs's gear list:Istvan Lukacs's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow