Nikon Warranty Issues after Self Wet Cleaning the Sensor?

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Click Click Rizzy
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon Warranty Issues after Self Wet Cleaning the Sensor?
In reply to Nikonfan99, Feb 4, 2013

Nikonfan99 wrote:

You should be fine unless you damage something or scratch your AA filter. If you do, nikon will not cover you. They dont want people doing it but if they do, nikon wont cover any damage you have done. Now with that said, I have cleaned my d600 sensor a bunch of times but use the proper stuff including a good light loupe.

I suggest copper hill images 18mm quikstrip kit and a visible dust sensor loupe light. The only issue is that I dont think they can mail eclipse solution out of the country or by air but I could be wrong. Contact copper hill images and find out. This is the best and most cost effective method I have found. You will need to get comfortable with doing this since the d600 has a lot of internal debris and lubrication.

I have ordered just that... And yes, they do ship it internationally.

As you have done it a few times, I'd appreciate any tips and things to take care of and the big NO NOes...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Keep Clicking.....

Click Click Rizzy's gear list:Click Click Rizzy's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow