Upgrade 60D > 6D: Right Now or Rather Later??

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
db.
db.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,227Gear list
Like?
No, wazu: a Used 5D2 Is No Solution For Me
In reply to wazu, Feb 4, 2013

Thank you, wazu:

I do understand what you
say and agree with most of
it. The 5d2, though, is not
the solution for me, as it is
precisely the small form fac-
tor and the light weight of
the 6D that make me think
I might be ready for FF
now.

wazu wrote:

DB I started with the FF 5D2 and then picked up the 7D and 60D as backups. I've only bought EF lenses since I'm waiting for a better than 5D3 body to retire my 5D2 to backup duty.

Firstly the difference between CanonAPS-C sensors and FF is tremendous when pushing past 800 ISO. This is really where the low noise high light gathering FF sensor runs circles around the crops. However in bright light the advantagr is small and crop also provides more reach for long lenses. I really appreciate the 60D swivelscreen and hope the next prosumer FF will have this. So I agree with the other poster who wrote invest in an EF lens or two until you can afford the body and full range of FF lenses you may need. You might even consider a new or slightly used 5D2 since the IQ is nearly equiv to the 6D and the price is approx 2/3rds. Plus it's a magnesium weather sealed body with shutter life < 150K.

-- hide signature --

There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen

-- hide signature --

db.

db.'s gear list:db.'s gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow