My transcend sd card went bad

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Thorbard
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Re: My transcend sd card went bad
In reply to hotdog321, Feb 4, 2013

hotdog321 wrote:

There are a couple of dozen image recovery programs. Many of them are free, some come with new cards, some are fairly costly. I've got Recuva, ImageRescue and PhotoRescue on all my computers, but there are plenty of others. Lots of threads on this topic if you do a search. Sometimes you need to use two or three programs before you get one that works for your card.

Good luck!

And, for future reference, I shoot professionally on Lexar cards. Thousands of assignments, hundreds of thousands of images, and never lost an image.

I'd personally only recommend SanDisk or Lexar. For the record, both come with their own brand of recovery software. SanDisk RescuePro has worked well for me in the past recovering accidentally deleted images.

Unfortunately if the card is corrupt, its unlikely that you'll get anything back. If the images are particularly important, try contacting a professional recovery service.

Thorbard's gear list:Thorbard's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow