Size: GRD IV + GV-2 vs X-E1

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Archiver
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,233
Like?
Re: Many thanks!
In reply to joshxiv, Feb 4, 2013

joshxiv wrote:

Though, given the lack of distance markings on Fuji X lenses, I've recently been enamored with the thought of using M lenses for street shooting using mirrorless bodies, and based on my research so far, the GXR A12 M seems to be the most elegant solution, despite the relatively older sensor vs a Fuji X body or NEX 6 ; so I might just end up getting rid of the XE1 in favor of a GXR. Unfortunately, that, is proving to be hard to find locally.

I love the GXR as a mirrorless Leica lens solution.  The Voigtlander 15mm, especially the old screw mount version with M-mount adapter, is a wonderfully compact wide angle street camera.  Zone focus and you virtually cannot go wrong.  The Zeiss Sonnar 50mm f1.5 is a dream of a lens on the GXR, too.  It's not the fastest to go from shot to shot, but the files are superb and the ergonomics are wonderful.

The GRD III is in my pocket all the time, regardless of what other camera I have with me.  It's the camera I carry when I'm 'not carrying a camera', too.  I'm really looking forward to the next GRD, as I cannot imagine it not having significantly better image quality and speed, making a super camera even better.

-- hide signature --

Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow