Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
offshore13
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide angles? What's the deal?
In reply to G7D, Feb 4, 2013

G7D wrote:

Okay so i've got a Canon 7D and looking in the future to upgrade to FF

Looking at 17-40 so I don't have to change lenses when i go FF but no IS and is it wide enough i don't know.

So my question is what's the best? I don't want to spend loads and the 16-35 isn't amazing for the price, so what should i get? what's coming out?

preferably i want a walk around lens but for wide-angle/landscapes etc but i want to quality - I have the 18-135 IS and want something much better quality.

Canon 7D

100mm macro L IS USM 2.8

18-135mm IS 3.5-5.6

I don't know what would be the best, for me that would be subjective.  I can only give my vote to the revered canon 10-22.  My first lens outside of the kit 18-55 IS II.  I enjoyed the "wideness"  it gives me.  The only complain I constantly receive is from my female friends who appears more flabby on their side.  Either their's is a legitimate complain or they're just denying, lol.

Anyway, that's on a 60D.  I know your's is better, but I believed they have the same sensors so I think there won't be much of a difference 

taken without any accessories, just a 60D+10-22 combo

offshore13's gear list:offshore13's gear list
Canon PowerShot A460 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow