ATAR1
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
Re: The problem is....
In reply to LTZ470, Feb 4, 2013

LTZ470 wrote:

Enir4 wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

The whole problem is that Sony decided to call the RX1 a "cybershot" camera, and it has very little in common with the other cybershot cameras. And this is the "Sony Cybershot Talk Forum" so the RX1 users have nowhere else to go.

The RX1 probably should have been branded "Zeiss" since it has a Zeiss lens and it comes with a Zeiss pricetag. And if Sony did that, it would help them sell a few more of them. (Like all those Panasonic cameras that Leica calls "Leicas.")

One could make a strong case for renaming the Sony SLR/SLT Forum as the SLR/SLT/RX1 forum since that would separate the high end cameras from the middle range and budget models.

I think that DPR should start a new forum dedicated to Sony RX cameras, in the same way that Nikon has a forum dedicated to their 1 series.

The RX is an entirely different kind of camera compared to DSLRs and superzooms.

Enrique

+1 Enrique…RX Forum for the RX1 and RX100…I am sure the RX2 and RX200 will bring even more RX posts in the STF...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

and don't forget the RX-10...

ATAR1's gear list:ATAR1's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a5100 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow