Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
krugman
Contributing MemberPosts: 933Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....
In reply to migibson99, Feb 4, 2013

migibson99 wrote:

jeffreyrdiamond wrote:

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

I'm tempted to get an S95 for my pocket

Then just do it I have an S95 with Franiec grip. It has served me well. I've taken many fabulous photos.

Is it the "perfect" point and shoot? No, but there is one thing you have to keep in mind. You will always find one camera that will do one thing better than whatever camera you are considering, whether it is AF speed, or noise, or low light capability etc. etc. Don't drive yourself crazy comparing individual features of one camera to many other cameras. You have to look at the big picture, and which camera will meet your overall needs.

Asking for camera recommendations, is like asking for car recommendations. There are many great cars out there, with many great features, so it's hard to say which is best. Only you can say that, based on your personal needs and tastes.

This is very sensible. Good advice.

And instead of concentrating on technicalities, concentrate on understanding the subject you are photographing.

And instead of looking for photographs, let the potential pictres call to  you. The picture takes the photographer.

Find a  two or three photographers whose images call to you, and study how they did it, in terms of composition, color and EXIF. It will be freeing for you if they have  very different styles, each of which you can learn from.

For  example, I like Andre  Kertesz, Gianni Galassi, Vivian Maier, and Carolyn Hammett, four very different but inspiring styles.

Best pf luck to the OP,

Krugman

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow